All persons who install, maintain or just work near high voltage energized electrical parts require safety training. The NFPA 70E/Arc Flash training class meets or exceeds all OSHA mandated training requirements under 29 CFR 1910.332 for safety related work practices. This training session combines lecture and video presentations that apply to all required elements of the OSHA's Electrical Safety-Related Work Practices (Subpart S) and the NFPA 70E standards for Electrical Safety in the workplace.
Topics of Discussion Include:
- OSHA Regulations and other Electrical Standards
- 29 CFR 1910 Subpart S (OSHA Standards for General Industry)
- 29 CFR 1926 Subpart K (OSHA Standards for Construction)
- NFPA 70E
- National Electric Code (NEC)
- Electrical and Worker Safety
- What is an Electrical Hazard?
- Unsafe Conditions vs Unsafe Acts
- Effects of Electrical Shocks/Arc Flash
- Energized Equipment
- Qualified Person as Defined by OSHA
- LockOut/TagOut Procedures (29 CFR 1920.147)
- Voltage Sensors and Meters
- Grounds and Grounding
- Safe Work Practices
- Safe Distances
- Energized Electrical Work Permit (EEWP)
- Hazard Analysis
- Non-Conductive Tools and Equipment
- Protective Shields
- Confined or Enclosed Work Spaces
- Portable Ladders and Electrical Hazards
- Portable Equipment
- Tests Instruments and Equipment
- Power and Lighting Circuits
- Flammable Materials
- Explosion Proof & Dust Igniting
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Signs, Tags and Barricades
- Warning vs Caution vs Danger
Covers the requirements and safe work practices set forth in OSHA 29 CFR Part 1910, Subpart S Electrical, the NFPA 70E and the National Electrical Codes for Electrical Safety.
The NFPA 70E/Arc Flash training is a two (8) eight hour days course. Upon completion of the training, each student will receive a HAZMAT Plans & Programs Certificate of Completion for NFPA 70E/Arc Flash Safety Training.
NFPA 70E/Arc Flash
Fee: $600.00 - 2 day course; $300.00 - 1 day course
Class Dates: (click below to register)
Call 303-360-9801 to schedule on-site instruction
- January 6th, 2020
- February 26th - 27th, 2020
- April 23rd - 24th, 2020
- June 18th - 19th, 2020
- October 28th - 29th, 2020
- By Request (call 303-360-9801 to schedule.)
© HP&P Safety Inc.
30 S. Havana St., STE. 304F
Aurora, CO 80012
Serving Colorado, Wyoming and surrounding areas.