Fall Protection 29 CFR 1926.500 Subpart M
An average of more than one construction worker dies from a fall each and every day of the year!
In 2006 alone, 35% of construction fatalities were attributed to falls. A partial breakdown of these fatalities includes:
- 35 construction workers died from falls from the floor, dock or ground level.
- 19 of those workers fell through open floor holes.
- 67 of those workers died from falling from ladders.
- 151 of those workers died from falling from a roof.
- 67 of those workers died from falls from scaffolding.
The OSHA rule, Fall Protection 29 CFR 1926.500 Subpart M, clarifies what an employer must do to provide fall protection for employees, such as identifying and evaluating fall hazards and providing specific training.
In the Fall Protection training class, students will learn:
- General Requirements, Scope, Application and Definitions
- Competent Person Responsibilities
- Duty to Have Fall Protection
- Protection from Falling Objects
- Fall Protection Systems, Criteria and Practices
- Guardrail Systems
- Personal Fall Arrest Systems (PFAS)
- Positioning Device and Warning Line Systems
- Controlled Access Zones (CAZ)
- Safety Monitoring Systems
- Fall Protection Plans
- Training Requirements
Fall Protection Training and Fall Prevention Training for your employees and supervisors is not only a requirement of the law, but also may save lives and company money.
This training class takes place over approximately 4 hours. Students will receive a wallet card upon completion of the Fall Protection course.
Fall Protection Links
Basic Fall Protection (Construction)
Class Dates: (click below to register)
- April 6th, 2018
- April 20th, 2018
- May 3rd, 2018
- June 1st, 2018
- July 13th, 2018
- August 3rd, 2018
- September 19th, 2018
- October 5th, 2018
- November 2nd, 2018
- December 7th, 2018
Fall Protection Competent Person - Covers requirements as outlined in 29 CFR 1926.500 - 503. Click for long description.
Class Dates: (click a date to register)
© HP&P Safety Inc.
30 S. Havana St., STE. 304F
Aurora, CO 80012
Serving Colorado, Wyoming and surrounding areas.