10 Hour OSHA Construction Outreach Training
This safety course is designed to prepare the rank and file construction worker for the many hazards found on construction sites. The 10 Hour OSHA Construction Outreach class covers a number of topics and may be customized to provide your construction workers with the safety training they really need. Your employees will learn to recognize hazards on the job site and know what OSHA regulations apply to the work they perform.
The 10 Hour Construction Outreach Training class follows the recommended OSHA training format:
There are four (4) mandatory topics of at least one-half hour to one hour each covered in this safety course:
- Introduction to OSHA, an overview of OSHA safety regulations and the general duty clause. Employee rights and responsibilities (2 Hours)
- OSHA Focus Four (2 Hours):
- Fall Protection, Subpart M, how to recognize and avoid fall hazards
- Electrical Safety, Subpart K, temporary power cords, basic electrical knowledge and avoidance of hazards
- Struck by (e.g., falling objects, trucks, cranes)
- Caught in/between (e.g., trench hazards, equipment).
- Personal Protective and Lifesaving Equipment, Subpart E (30 minutes)
- Health Hazards in Construction (e.g., noise, hazard communication and crystalline silica) (30 minutes).
Elective topics- At least two topics adding up to at least two hours - Minimum One-half hour each:
- Materials Handling, Storage, Use and Disposal, Subpart H
- Tools - Hand and Power, Subpart I
- Scaffolds, Subpart L
- Cranes, Derricks, Hoists, Elevators, & Conveyors, Subpart N
- Excavations, Subpart P
- Stairways and Ladders, Subpart X.
Additional 1 Hour - The remainder of the class time will be spent teaching other construction industry hazards or policies and/or expanding on the mandatory or elective topics. This will be dictated by the subjects most useful to your employees.
Other topics can include:
- Fire Protection and Prevention
- Signs, Signals and Barricades
- Tools, Hand and Power
- Welding and Cutting
- Steel Erection.
A wallet card and certificate will be presented to each student upon completion. A wallet card from OSHA will be obtained for each student who completes the course.
OSHA 10 Hour Construction
Class Dates: (click below to register)
- December 6th-7th, 2018
- January 3rd-4th, 2019
- February 7th-8th, 2019
- March 7th-8th, 2019
- April 4th-5th, 2019
- May 1st-2nd, 2019
- June 6th-7th, 2019
Time: 7 AM - 4:30 PM, 7 AM - 11 AM (2nd Day)
Duration: One full day, one half day.
Table Of Contents
© HP&P Safety Inc.
30 S. Havana St., STE. 304F
Aurora, CO 80012
Serving Colorado, Wyoming and surrounding areas.